Deep down, we all want to know what everyone else is thinking. Understanding human behaviour is hard, because how we behave is complex and keeps changing as our environment and technology changes.Learn about every stage of human behaviour, from behavioural neuroscience to cognitive processes, and the practical aspects of developmental, social and clinical psychology. The UNISEL’s Diploma in Psychology exposes you to the aspects of behaviour such as human motivation and emotion, decision-making process and social interaction. The main major domains covered in the program structure are cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, sensation and perception, and social psychology.
Diploma in Psychology
i. A pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or its equivalent with at least 3 credits in any subject and a pass in Mathematics and Science;
ii. A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with at least Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in 1 of the subject and a pass in, Mathematics and Science at SPM level
- Use basic knowledge and understanding on fundamental principles in psychology
- Apply basic research methods in psychology
- Collaborate with the communities and the industries in social work and activities
- Use critical and creative thinking in scientific approach to solve problems related to psychology
- Communicate effectively as individuals, leaders and team members
- Demonstrate managerial and entrepreneurial skills as well as display responsiveness to the issues in psychology
- Demonstrate motivation for life-long learning
- Apply ethical principles in all aspect of psychology, including knowing the boundaries in professional psychological practice
Diploma in Psychology graduates can be assistants to Psychologist, Personnel and Human Resources, Education and Training, Customer and Personal Services, Admission and Management.
AFIQ AZRI BIN MOHD GHANI
Programme Coordinator for Diploma in Psychology
The programme is currently on a half accreditation, as it is a new programme. It will be fully accreditated once its completed the first batch of students.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Neuroscience
- Introduction to Social Science
- Computer Application in Psychology
- English Proficiency 1
- MQA Compulsory Course
- Sensation and Perception
- Elementary Statistics
- Life-Span Development
- Cognitive Psychology
- English Proficiency 2
- MQA Compulsory Course
- Foreign Laanguage
- MPU Compulsory Courses
- Academic Writing
- Introduction to Research Method
- Abnormal Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Ethics in Psychology
- MPU Compulsory Course
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to Testing and Measurement
- Introduction to Industrial and Organisational Psychology
- Basic Behaviour Modification
- Introduction to Social Work
- Introduction to Counseling
- Fundamental Human Resource Management
- Case Study
- Industrial Training
Tawaran program dan tenaga pengajar yang berkualiti di UNISEL merupakan tunjang utama dalam membentuk graduan yang cemerlang.
Suasana pembelajaran di FPSS akan membuatkan anda faham akan makna sebuah keluarga akademik.
Psychology is one of the interesting thing to learn and discover.